RSS

The Baker Queen



The Baker Queen on Bagbaguin, Sta. Maria, Bulacan

As I wander through streets looking for some pastry, I found this interesting shop alongside Bagbaguin, Sta. Maria, Bulacan. The place’s ambiance was peaceful for it was not built in the noisy streets of the central town. Most of the structure is made of wood. The tables, chairs, walls, shelves and designs are made of wood. Plants also surround the place showing their environment-friendly business. The people inside are as welcoming as the area itself. I also can smell the aroma of the bread even outside the shop so I went inside to check it out.

Dining Area of the Shop  

Interior of the Shop Coming From the Door

Different Pastries On Shelves

 The Baker Queen was serving delight for its costumers for almost a year. It’s November 2011 when Anicia Malabanan, the owner, decided to start baking for business. Since then, many started to visit their shop and had it as their favorite. They serve customers from 6 in the morning ‘till 10 in the evening. Most customers stop over the shop for pasalubong usually every night so it’s the busiest time of the shop.

Filipinos surely love a sweet blend of bread and coffee in the morning before a hard day of work. No wonder why their bakeshop is loved by people. It’s a wonder why customers come and visit them on night time. This only shows how good their pastries are.

Ube Cream Cheese Loaf

Dulce de Leche

Ham and Cheese Loaf

Sugar Free Ensaymada


One of their bestsellers is the Cheesy Ensaymada. I’m not lucky enough to taste it or even took a glance of it because it’s still not ready when I came over. But I was able to see their other in demand breads like Ube Cream Cheese Loaf, Dulce De Leche and others. They offer bread loaves for only Php65. What amazed me is the Sugar Free Ensaymada made from Stevia Plant. They use it as substitute for sugar that made the ensaymada maintain its sweetness in a healthier way. I’m on my way not to believing until they asked me to taste it. I picked a leaf and took a bite. On my surprise the leaf itself is oh-so sweet. Stevia's taste has a slower onset and longer duration than that of sugar, although some of its extracts may have a bitter or licorice-like aftertaste at high concentrations.





Bonete Bread

Nuts and Raisins

Raisin Oatmeal

They also have what they call Bonete bread. It’s after the Filipino word bonete which means bonnet in English. It was delicious and tasted like bicho or local doughnuts. I bought a bag which cost only php20. I noticed some delicacies sold like cookies called Raisin Oatmeal and others. Coffee is also available, a perfect partner for their pastries.

On my first visit, I can say it’s the most delightful bakeshop in town. That’s why customers couldn't take their fork off their food. Especially to their not-so sweet, delectable treat, the Sugar Free Ensaymada. Like the Koreanovela hit on GMA 7, The Baker King, their simple treats have divine tastes. The Baker Queen will continue to serve their beloved customers with their premium quality ingredients like the Stevia plant :)


Sarah Jane R. Sevillano
BCR 3-1D


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment