RSS

THE PECULIAR PANCIT THAT IS CLOSE TO MY HEART.

Noodles were first introduced by Chinese in the Philippines and from that day on, the Filipinos adopted it into local cuisine and call it pancit. There are many types of pancit that can be found here, some were:  Pancit Bihon, Canton, Lomi, Luglog, Malabon, Mami, Miki, Molo, Palabok and Sotanghon.
                But let me share something on how I discovered the very unique pancit I’ve ever seen in my entire life. When I was a little kid, I can barely notice already, how my mother loves pancit. I remember how she always asked my father to buy her the ingredients (or what we called as rekados ) she needed for her home made pancit. But aside from cooking, she loves to buy the various types of pancit here in San Pedro. One of them were ALing Vilma’s Pancit Palabok, which is one of my favorites aside from my Papa Ely’s own version of palabok. For only 25php, you can now enjoy a very delicious pancit palabok. Alving Vilma’s store can be found on the ground floor, west wing of Suki Market, Mabini Street, San Pedro, Laguna.
                But then Aling Vilma’s Pancit Palabok is not the unique pancit I’m talking about… I’m talking about a Pancit Bihon that my mother brought me home. After plating the pancit, I am indeed really in shock! Wondering why? It’s because I found a sunny side up egg on th top of the plain pancit bihon! And it doesn’t end to that, there’s this red sauce on it, and I asked my mother if what’s the red’s stuff doing on this plate, she she answered back and says “Ketchup yan! I-mix mo yan lahat with the sunny side up at bihon. Masarap yan!” I stared at my mother, thinking “maybe. My mama just loved pancit so much that even the strangest type of it, she will eat it all up”. She began talking again and said “You don’t some? Okay I’ll just enjoy it myself” and then started eating it. Watching her eating the odd version of that pancit makes me hungry, so tried it. After eating, I said to myself, delicioso in spanish, abashta in korean, oishii in japanese and KA-SARAP-SARAP in tagalong. WTF! LOL! :D Very delicious.

Aling Masyang's Pancit Bihon


                That is why when were tasked/assigned to write about the best pancit in town, I first think the pancit that my mother brought home. Since she already passed away, I asked my father about it and begun searching for the most unique pancit I’ve ever seen and finally I found it at Aling Masyang’s store located at the corner of Garcia’s Street, Barangay Poblacion , San Pedro, Laguna. When I got there, I ordered one and bring it back home so that I can share it with my father and for me to reminisce the times when my mother first brought it home. :D
The first spoonful of the bihon, the egg yolk, the ketchup was amazing. You can actually taste the perfect combination of the three. After long years, the tang, the flavor, the savor on my mouth was exactly the same. PERFECT! I just wish that I can share it with my mother right now, but then I realized, my mother will be very happy because NOW that I posted it here, I CAN SHARE THE INCREDIBLE, THE MOST UNIQUE AND DELICIOUS PANCIT I EVER HAD TO YOU GUYS! Thanks Mama! I love you. :)
So grab some Aling Masyang’s Pancit Bihon. Dito sa sa SAN PEDRO, PANCIT AY DELICIOSO! :)

MA. RAZAELE N. GARCIA
BCR 3-1D

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS