RSS

Ang Papa Cook!


“The way to a woman’s heart is through her stomach”, an overused line that caught the heart of many. The 16 years of successful marriage of my parents can prove it. My father, Leopoldo Sevillano, would like to share his experiences in cooking and how his passion helped him on what he had become right now.

How long have you been cooking?  

                I started cooking in 2008 for a small business I ran in Kamuning. It was my first time cooking and serving other people so it was a bit exciting yet heart-pounding not knowing whether customers would like it or not. Our business ended in 2010 due to some location problems. Because of my burning passion at cooking, my boss and I decided to put up a business. We first had a store at Claret School last 2011 and then branched out at Merriam College, now we also have a new put up store at Ateneo University.

Is it your choice or just merely a need?

                Yes, it’s my choice to do cooking as a business but partly because it is also a need. At first, it was just my sideline, for me to earn extra income but eventually I enjoyed it.

What brings you in this kind of career?

                Instinct? Experience? Instinct in a way that even though my line of work is different from cooking, there’s a part of me which pushes me to cook. There’s something that tells me I can succeed in this career. And since I have experience in cooking, I thought that I could use my passion as a business.

How does it feel when people patronize your dishes?

                Masaya, exciting, and encouraging at the same time. Especially kung binabalik-balikan, haha. Their smiling faces and satisfaction is a better reward (than the profits) for what I worked for.

What do you usually cook?

                Beef Salticao, Buttered Chicken, Chicken Fillet, Tapa and Pork Delight. Those were the dishes we usually serve at school canteens.

 What is your specialty?

                Beef salticao, it is our best seller. Gawa sa sariling timpla. It is strips of beef sauted with our secret ingredients. High school students usually order this and sometimes even if there’s no left, they look more.

What is your personal favourite?

                Crispy pata, sinigang, tinola, basta more on Filipino dishes.

So far, what is your most memorable experience in cooking?

                                Haha, should I really answer this? Well, it was the day when I caught the heart of my ever loving wife. I cooked her a Karekare which happened to be her favourite. Pumasa naman sa panlasa nya, so ayun!

What/who inspires you to cook?

                Of course my family. Sila naman yung dahilan kung bakit ako nagtatrabaho eh. So every dish I cook tastes good because it came from the heart. <3

For you, what is cooking?

                Personal enjoyment and fulfilment. J

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment